Friday, December 14, 2007

yes Oatmeal is a good food for your diet, and its good in cookies too :)

Okay, want to know how I have stayed on weight watchers for almost two years? I don't deprive myself of things I really enjoy. The trick is don't eat them all the time. Christmas is here and I always make these oatmeal cookies. They really are the best oatmeal cookies ever and I will be having a few this Christmas season, just like I did last christmas and if I gain, its okay. You have to enjoy these special times or you just can not maintain this lifestyle. The cool part about weight watchers is you can use your flex points for this! I have not pointed these but I would guess they are at least 6 points each.

The best Oatmeal Cookies ever!

4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks margarine
4 eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
3 cups quick oats

Mix the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients except the oats. Mix well. This recipe never gets to the creamed stage, its just too stiff. Add the oats and mix. You will have to use a large spoon because the dough is stiff. Refrigerate or overnight or at least a couple hours. The dough just works better cold. Roll into balls, and roll in sugar. Bake at 325 or so, whatever works good for cookies. Don't let them sit too long on the cookie sheet after they are done, they will stick.

This produces the best chew oatmeal cookie I have ever tasted. Everyone who tries it loves it. This recipe comes from my stepdad's mother, who said it came from her mother.

No comments: