Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Works for me Wednesday: cash only



My hubby and I are trying to get our finances under control. We developed a budget but we had a hard time sticking to it when we were using our debit cards. I kept going over my budget. So, I switched to using cash only. When I go to the grocery store I know I only have so much money to spend. I refuse to use the debit card or write a check. This has worked to keep me on budget! I don't like to carry a lot of cash, so I plan to stop at the ATM and get my budgeted amount before I go to the grocery store. This also forces me to stick to my list because I have roughly figured out before I go to the store what my total will be. This works for me!

For more works for me ideas visit Rocks in my Dryer.

4 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

First of all--congrats on the weight loss. I was a WW meeting leader for a few years, so I can really appreciate what you're done! also, the budget tip is really good. So many of us lack that kind of discipline. (Moi!) But when I did do it, it worked.

Catherine said...

Wow on the weight loss - that is awesome!
I think using cash is a great idea, I have heards that recommended before, I've just become so dependent on my debit card, I forget what cash looks like!

Kim said...

Weird when I carry cash - it seems to disappear faster.

I just found your blog from Shannon's place - congrats on the weight loss - I will be reading the archives as I too have approx. 100 lbs to lose. And I could stand to save a few bucks too.

Glad I found you!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog via WFMW. Glad I did.