Thursday, December 20, 2007

Freezer Pleaser Thursday: quick meals that the kids will even like

There are times during the year that we have gynastics, soccer, and t-ball. That makes getting a healthy meal really hard. We hardly ever go to fast food. Its SO expensive for what you get. I just do not get why people think its cheap. The McDonald's salads are expensive and small, and really NOT that healthy. So, during the super busy times I will make a double batch of spaghetti and a triple batch of macaroni and cheese. I make them healthy by using less meat in the spaghetti and the macaroni and cheese I make from scratch using skim milk, and 2% cheeses.

I freeze these in containers that will feed my family. They both freeze very very well. When we get home I pop one of these in the microwave, I will serve with a vegetable and fruit, or a salad. I also like to bake bread so we might have some bread on hand too. It usually takes me about 15 minutes to get this on the table.

2 comments:

penguinsandladybugs said...

Hi Linda!! I've missed your blog posts. ARre you doing alright?

Kim said...

Hello Linda - are you ever coming back?